Friday, July 16, 2010

The Latest Projects

I'm with Kristina...
Where's Molly!?
Probably unpacking and exploring Vermont country. (We want pictures!!!)
I feel a little like I'm "back in the saddle again". I've been doing a bit of sewing and it feels Goo-ood! The other day, Grant was outside with this adorable little bag. I asked Kristina if she made it and she said, "ya, it's a water bottle carrier" - or something to that extent. I then asked permission ;) to copy her, found a tutorial online and made a couple for my kiddos. I want one for me too now! (I'm sure I have some scraps I could make one out of.)
Here's a link to the tutorial I used.

I also made this little skirt for Jemma. The boys have ties out of the turquiose paisley print and so, with the left over scraps, a few other fabrics in my scrap box and a couple 99 cent fat quarters, I whipped it up for a grand total of approx. $3! Not bad!
I was really happy with the way it turned out, but the next time I make a "block scrap skirt" I'll make one change...the bottom row, hemmed, will be half the width it is now on this one (I guess I could shorten this one and have that problem fixed...pretty sure it's long enough).

And, finally, like Kristina, I made a shower gift for Jen's Twin Baby Boys. Just a set of flannel jammies and super simple appliqued onsies to match.

They kinda match Kristina's ADORABLE blankets!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it... all of it! So, when are you opening your etsy shop? You'd make a fortune! You are so talented. haha... 'my permission'? Your water bottle bags are awesome! I think I may have to remake mine. The skirt is adorable and I can't wait to see your matching brute at church! Okay, those pajama bottoms are probably the cutest pair I have ever seen. ya, they do match my blankets... and we didn't even plan that. I'm so happy you're crafting again. I don't know where you find the time, but I like seeing what you whip up!

    ReplyDelete