Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fabric swap and shower gift

First of all, can I just begin by saying... where is Molly? Am I the only one who hasn't heard from her? I guess I should ask.... am I the only one who hasn't called her? probably! Okay, I'll call this very second, after I post this.

So, I wanted to share my fabric squares I'm shipping off tomorrow for the I Spy swap. Seriously, next time I find one of these swaps, do you guys want in? Sadly, I never found my lost fabric, so I got more (and it was not longer the cost-effective project I thought it would be). I love the strawberries! At the end of August I get my 200 fabrics back, I'll post those when I get them… hopefully they're not too ugly.

Okay, Jen Farr's shower is today and I just finished the blankets. If you ever find a tip or trick for sewing minky fabric to cotton, let me know! It was a pain in the rear end! My edges aren't straight and there is bunching everywhere. But I don't think her babies will mind too much. Trust me, the green is not
that pale in real life. I actually like the green one better. I know you guys won't believe me, but I paired all those fabrics together by myself. They're not even in the same fabric line, I literally had to walk around Fabric Depot and find matching fabric. This is a big deal for me, if you know what a fabric nincompoop I am!


Here they are, bundled up and ready to give away. Aw, I just love the dots, don't you?


That's it, that's all I've got for you lovely ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Kristina, you are one talented chick! And, I meant to tell you like 10 times, but keep forgetting when I see you in person, so, thanks for the quilt tutorial, and, no I have never seen one of those scrap quilts, but I LOVE it!!! And, I think it should go on our projects-to-do list...time to go through the scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete