Thursday, December 30, 2010

December Craftiness



So I was crafty in November, just in time to get these hung for December.
So before I go any further, Kristina, your crafts were freeking awesome! Thank you for posting them. I, for whatever reason, cannot leave a comment. The cursor won't appear in the box...I am not sure why, but I wanted to tell you K that I LOVED EVERYTHING you made! You rock! I am totally sending those flower pots next year! Genius!
And Jen, LOVE The little rocker! I soooooo LOVE the color!

Ok moving on to the craft: I made all new stocking! Yay for me! Well, in the spirit of FULL disclosure, I did only part of the work. Shannon would kill me if he knew...He helped me a ton! I found the idea here. I would pin the ric rac and he would sew, Oh and I did cut out the stockings... I think Shannon finally started to feel bad for me. So he crafted with me. He Rocks!
This is Miles stocking in the making:



This is Hawkley's stocking in the making:



This is Hattie's stocking in the making:
I found the flowers here. Don't let the tutorial on Martha fool you. These are much more difficult to make than you would think! These puppies took me like 8 hours and I am not even kidding! I think they were worth it and once I figured out how to make them, I was golden. But they are hard. Also Martha says to use floral pips for the center of the flowers. Those are expensive, and if you look at your pin cushion like i did you would see hundreds of free floral pips. Maybe they aren't expensive, but I wanted to get them done. so I just snipped the heads off a few pin and voila:



This is the makings of our NEW tree skirt:
I also found it here. This link will send you to ALL of Martha's tree skirts... I wish I would have looked at all of them before. I LOVE the one with all the cut outs.... maybe next year. I do have to say, that the one we chose, was so easy. She has the pattern for it and everything. We did enlarge the pattern--we--I mean Shannon enlarged the pattern. We were much happier with the bigger piece. We wanted a fuller tree skirt.

Here is the finished product:
You like?

So this is the only picture I could find of the tree skirt... I am lame i know. I have pics of the tree, but we put the presents under them...so you can't see the tree skirt... ah well you get the idea. How do you like Hawkley's runny nose, and no shirt?



2 comments:

  1. Did Hattie get that awesome kitchen for Christmas? It's great! Anyways, about the stockings.... They're awesome. I like yours the best! Yes, those bows look challenging. But you did it. I always remember you saying "I can't do that"... but you rock! You can make ANYTHING you want to make. A tree skirt??? That's a huge project, and from what I saw, it turned out amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm inspired to make my own stockings. Both you and Jen have. I'm just the slacker with the thriftstore stockings still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are amazing! I love Love LOVE your stockings. They are all adorable. I think I need like 4 or 5 sets of stockings cuz there are so many adorable ideas out there, yours included! I love it all...and feel totally lame about my december craftiness...I mostly didn't...I'll have to scrape together what little I did and post it so I don't feel like such a LOOSER compared to you 2!

    ReplyDelete