Friday, September 10, 2010

I’ve been crafting

Okay, I'm here to share a few projects I've been working on…. Some finished, some not…

The baby quilt I made Reagan got dyed pink in the wash. I always wanted to remake it anyways because it wasn't as perfect as I liked. Dying it (unintentionally, I promise) gave me the perfect excuse to make another. I used the same pattern, but different fabric. I love it (can I say that about my own work?)… it's not the work I love though, it's the fabric. I am seriously considering making one for my own bed, we'll see.


This is a fold up chalk board I made for the kids to bring to church… and one for Carson's birthday. I found the tutorial HERE. It's super easy, with genius pockets for the chalk and sponge to wipe it off. I didn't even know they had chalkboard fabric???


And it folds up cute, like a baby changing mat… just funner!


This is the barn I made Reagan. I got the tutorial HERE. I honestly thought it would be bigger. Doesn't it look big in picture on the tutorial? I foolishly thought so. Not that I regret making it. If you ever choose to make one I have to warn you that the instructions were a PAIN to follow. I didn't understand a thing, but it turned out, so all is well. Someday I plan on appliquéing a barn door.



Okay, then there's Grant's I SPY quilt. I waited in anticipation for weeks to get the fabric squares from the swap…. Total disappointment. I got some of the ugliest fabrics I have ever seen in my whole life… and I'm not exaggerating! I threw out the ugly ones, added some more from my own stash… and I was left with these.


I haven't quilted it yet. This picture is before I pinned it to the backing (which is adorable, I'll have to show a picture of it when I'm finished). I am happy with how it turned out. I was complaining the whole time… first the fabric, then I didn't like the way I was sewing them together, then this and that, and you guys know me, I like to complain….. but, I'm finally happy with it.


I have to show you my work-in-progress too. I'm using up all my bright scraps to make a string quilt. I love using scraps! And I like the way this quilt is turning out, even if I've only done 6 blocks. It's a little too much on my eyes, but I think the kids will love it!


Anyways, that's what I've been working on. Did I ever say I was taking a break from sewing? When was that? I don't think it lasted for more than a week.

It's good therapy though!

1 comment:

  1. You are a craft/sewing wiz! I didn't even KNOW about the barn!!! That things is to DIE FOR! And, I need to get on making that fabric chalk board! It is so darn AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete