Monday, August 16, 2010

I've been slackin'...

It's funny...
I keep checking to see if you ladies have posted anything...
I guess I just really wanna see what you're up to...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Nothing...


Wait a second...I haven't posted a dang thing either! (Mostly cuz I haven't been doing anything other than cleaning, taking care of kids and trying to squeeze a nap in here and there...)


But, last week, I finally did a little sewing. These little crayon rolls have been on my list of things to do FOREVER, and I finally decided to just DO IT! I even made two extra! (One for Carson Schneider's ((spelling!?!)) birthday and one for a nephew for Christmas.


I didn't even buy anything for them. Just a bunch of scraps and ribbon I had on hand...Recognize the ribbon Molly?
The kids took them to church on Sunday and they were a HIT!



Then Saturday night, after a really LOOOOOONG afternoon of cat naps and fussiness from Gavin, I had all 3 kids in bed AND asleep by 9:00, and with Brandon gone to Portland for some Optometry deal, I decided to pull out the fabric I bought at Fabric Depot for Carter's new blanket...(his is falling to pieces and I'm hoping that if I have something to replace it that is appealing...like, has cars on it...then losing his "nigh-night" won't be so traumatic.


There it is...all cut up...it only took me an HOUR to figure out dimensions and cut it all...

pretty pathetic that I was SO exhausted at just 10:00 pm...some things NEVER change...

See the puffy redness around my eyes...I was very tired!

I started piecing it today during the boys afternoon nap. That's not sewn together...I just wanted to give you a little idea of what it'll look like since it's gonna be FOREVER before it's done...

Close up of the car fabric...isn't it adorable!?! I just love it...hopefully Carter does too!


Signin' off~
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment