Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Zig Zag & Ottoman

Am I allowed to be in-love with something I'm working on? Cuz I can't figure out a way to describe how I feel about the beginnings of this quilt in any other way. Seriously. I LOVE IT! I got the idea from my friend Alison's sewing blog and my intent with this quilt was to use up all my random scraps of fabric; cute and ugly alike. And, you know what I'm finding, when it's all scrambled up like that with other fabrics of the same color, it's hard to really see the ugly ones! Perfect!

I also swore I wouldn't buy any new fabric for the quilt top...I had to fold on that one when I didn't have quite enough gray...but since I LOVE gray these days and I have 2 boys who could use funky beach hats for the Oregon coast, I figured I could justify it. :)


Anyway, this is just half of it...I still have 7 more zigzags to sew up and attach. If you guys are looking for a way to get rid of your random scraps (and I'm talking even the itsy bitsy pieces that you just couldn't part with because you love the fabric too much to put it in the garbage but there's not enough to use anywhere else) this is the quilt for you!
And here's my finished ottoman.

It's totally not perfect, but not too bad for my first attempt at reupholstering. No, I am not going to do the chair...my fingers were SO sore after just the ottoman, so I listed it Craigslist. This morning. Brandon has insisted that we keep the ottoman though...even though it doesn't really match anything...he has said multiple times that it is now officially his favorite piece of furniture in our house. Funny boy.

Anyway, it's kinda hard to see the fabric in the top photo, so here's a shot of it close-up.

Just something neutral...hey, it was only $3 a yard and I didn't wanna spend crazy cash on an experiment. I did get WAY too much though, so I'm lookin' around trying to figure out what else it could be used on...maybe our glider is due for a new look. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment